We are thrilled to announce we have won a Green Apple Award for Environmental Best Practice alongside our client Macro for the inspirational work we achieved at their head office, 155 Moorgate.
Our award entry focused on engaging all stakeholders to apply our waste hierarchy and identify ways to reduce carbon footprint within existing resources.
Our bespoke waste management plan resulted in some outstanding achievements:
- Reduction in food waste by introducing a food redistribution initiative at the on-site restaurant
- Delivering Zero Waste to Landfill by careful selection of supply chain partners
- Reducing single-use plastic used on-site by conducting a review of the single-use plastics and replacing them with reusable items
- Reduction of water consumption by introducing water blades in common areas
- Introduction of Smarter Cleaning initiatives. Using existing door sensor data to inform reallocation of onsite cleaning team to improve efficiency and output.
We are delighted the hard work put into the collaboration between Macro and Zest Recycle has been recognised. We delivered improved environmental performance within their head office and have yielded great results by reducing their food waste and achieving Zero Waste to Landfill. The success is a testament to our partnership with Macro with a shared commitment to improve on sustainable solutions.
Roland Archer, Sales Director, Zest Recycle